Lammas-- Choose A Grain Casserole

Lammas is the holiday to love grain. Breads, rice, corn and I'll even throw in the legumes.For someone on a permanent low carb diet, it can be a little tricky. However, with good sense and some simple changes, even someone like me can celebrate the grain harvest, summer, and have fun.


There are many options to suit any palate. I make baked brown rice, so the oven is already warm and ready when I mix up the casserole and I can shove it right back in. The rest of the rice I don't use in this recipe can be frozen in a zip-top bag for later use.

You can even add meat to this casserole and save yourself a step. I keep cooked chicken in the freezer, all ready for recipes like this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samhain

Fw: Cake in a Cup

Easy Halloween Treats