Fabric Scraps Bowl--Make a Gift!
Fabric Scraps Bowl
Crafts Supplies for Fabric-Scraps BowlWhat you'll need:Crafts Supplies for Fabric-Scraps Bowl
- 45x1 strips of fabric
- 100-percent-cotton rope, approximately 1/4-inch diameter
- Decorative thread for bobbin
- Regular sewing thread for top
Instructions for Fabric Scraps Bowl1. Cut fabrics into 45x1-inch strips. (The number of strips needed is determined by how much they are overlapped on the rope.) Wrap a fabric strip over one end of the rope, slightly overlapping fabric so the rope does not show through. Coil fabric-wrapped rope; hand-tack at center.
2. Continue wrapping rope with fabric, adding strips randomly or in a pattern, and coiling fabric-wrapped rope, machine-zigzag-stitching to secure the coils together. Shape bowl by angling coils upward while zigzag-stitching.
3. When desired shape and size is reached, cut rope, wrap end with fabric, and secure with zigzag stitches. Trim off fabric.
Posted By Lena Austin to CrafteeChix at 8/31/2010 10:41:00 AM