The Recessionista’s take on Bus Riding



Call me spoiled. I deserve it. I've ridden a bus once in all my fifty-one years of life.

That time about eight years ago, I paid my change, rode down the street to the shopping center, got what I wanted, got back on the bus, and rode home. One stop, no changes, no major hubs. Dante held my proverbial hand like a baby and led me the entire way. Yeah, I was that clueless.

Frankly, I still am that clueless. Well, I'll fix that as soon as possible. There's no reason that I should be this ignorant of how to ride a bus, especially when I'm well aware of how to use the Trip Planner feature on the bus company's website.

What I need is practice. A simple ride down to the bank and back, just to get familiar with the procedure, and then continue to expand my horizons a bit. Perhaps even meet Tuesday at Regency Mall or perhaps make my way to the library for a peaceful day of typing in quiet. That does have a certain appeal.
Lena Austin
http://www.LenaAustin.com

Do you love my work? Then don't download from pirates.
When you steal what I've earned, you're hurting me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samhain

Fw: Cake in a Cup