Recipe: Apple Caramel Pie in the Crock Pot
Makes 8-10 servings
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 hours
Ideal slow-cooker size: 4- to 5-qt.
2-crust refrigerated pie dough pkg.
2 22-oz. cans apple pie filling
1 tsp. cinnamon
12 caramel candies
1. Press one crust into half the bottom of a cold slow cooker, and an inch or so up half its interior side. Overlap by ¼ inch the second crust with the first crust in center of slow cooker bottom. Press remainder of second crust an inch or so up the remaining side of the cooker. Press seams flat where two crusts meet.
2. Cover. Cook on High 1½ hours.
3. In a bowl, mix together pie filling, cinnamon, and caramels.
4. Pour mixture into hot crust.
5. Cover. Cook on High an additional 1½ hours.
A Haunted Halloween Blog Tour