Choose A Grain Casserole




We all don't have to like the same grains, but this is the grain harvest. Here's a recipe that lets you pick what works for your family and coven. If you're allergic to wheat, choose rice and so on. By technicalities, this is a vegetarian dish or side dish, but by adding cut up cooked chicken, this can become a meal. It's also a great way to use up leftovers.
When we have rice (often) we may end up with half a cup or so of leftover rice. I pour it into a freezer bag and freeze it flat, adding more whenever the leftovers warrant. I can accumulate a lot of rice, but freezing it flat allows me to break off chunks when needed to thicken a soup or stew, add a bit of bulk to a stir fry, or a recipe like this.
Same goes for chicken. There's *always* one last piece of chicken no one will eat. By scraping off the meat into a freezer bag, I can pretty much guarantee I've cut up cooked chicken for a fast stir fry, "impossible" quiche, or casserole.
If you don't know what I mean by "impossible" recipes, go to Bisquick.com and search for "impossible." You'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samhain

Fw: Cake in a Cup